Both ProPartners and direct clients can bulk categorise receipts in the All Receipts page in order to export them to accounting software (note that you need to integrate Squirrel Street with the accounting software first). You can do this by adding the same category to all receipts with the same vendor name at the same time. Here's how:
1) View all your receipts in the All Receipts page.
2) Filter for a particular vendor by typing the name into the Vendor filter to the right of the screen and selecting that option. In the example below, we're filtering for all Parking tickets. Alternatively, you can browse the drop-down list.
3) Select all the receipts on the page by clicking in the box next to "Vendor"
Please note that if your list exceeds 20 documents, it will carry over onto another page. Selecting "all" will only select the documents on that page, in which case you'll have to repeat these actions on any pages which follow.
4) Click on "assign category". This will call up the account's GL codes or chart of accounts.
5) You can either search for the category directly or browse the codes in this menu. Select the code that applies to this vendor (this account uses Xero but the same rules apply for other accounting software).
6) After a code is selected and successfully assigned to all the documents on the page, you will be given the option to automate the process later.
If you click on "Create rules", all receipts we data enter for you in future with this vendor name will automatically be assigned this category. If you do not wish this to happen, please click on "Dismiss".
7) Once you've assigned a category to all the receipts with this vendor name, you can clear the filter by clicking on the "x" next to the filter. This will display all your receipts once again.
8) Then continue the process for the next vendor!
9) To export, simply go to the integrations page by clicking on "Export all" and then selecting "Accounting Exports".
Once you're on the integrations page, click on "Export now" for the account. And that's it!