The instructions in this FAQ apply to both the old and Digit user interfaces.
Not sure which interface you're using? Click here to work it out!
You have been waiting a few days for your returned documents or your new Magic Envelopes to arrive and are starting to get concerned?
Don’t be worried, Squirrel Street has been working with Australia Post since 2010 and we've put together some guidelines and important comments we've learned over the years:
- To our knowledge, Australia Post has never lost an envelope that was sent to us.
- We do occasionally have delays with Australia Post’s delivery - usually just for a few days. Our experience is that when an envelope is delayed more than a few days, it is usually then a 2-3 week delay. The explanation we have received for this is that when an envelope fails to go through the automated systems it is put into a queue for a (human :)) postal officer to process it. Squirrel Street envelopes contain special barcodes to avoid this happening, but it does occur occasionally
- Envelopes that can’t be delivered (with incorrect delivery address for example) are returned to sender assuming that your address is written on the envelope of course
- Using the Squirrel Street Reply Paid Magic Envelope (bright purple and clear writing) will reduce the risk of delay or lost envelope
- Australia Post have a separate process for Reply Paid envelopes to ensure they are delivered, as they only get paid when the envelopes are actually delivered.
- Generally, handing over an envelope at the post office, or using the street box outside a post office, results in faster delivery.
For any Australia Post service please use our PO Box - this includes all Parcel Post and Express Post services:
PO Box 1333
CROWS NEST NSW 1585
Fees and charges may apply to couriers other than Australia Post and StarTrack to deliver parcels to PO Boxes. Couriers may pass this cost on to customers.
If you need to hand deliver anything, you'll need to deliver it to Crows Nest Post Office. Please note that there is a surcharge for delivering mail by hand to a PO Box.