To view the interactive tutorial, click the following link:Integrate with MYOB ARL
DIRECT CUSTOMERS INTEGRATING FIRST TIME WITH MYOB ARL (not file/desktop based versions)
Squirrel Street's direct integration with MYOB works by assigning Squirrel Street receipts into the appropriate MYOB account code, then exporting directly into your MYOB account.
This guide shows the Squirrel Street direct integration for MYOB AccountRight Standard or Plus, version 2013 and above. Check the bottom right hand corner of your AccountRight window, you should see the following online icon:
MYOB integration consists of the following steps:
- The first time you start the integration, have some receipts in the account available for exporting.
- While logged into Squirrel Street, click on this link to go to the Integrations page. Or go to Receipts > Export all > Accounting Export. Here's what the Integrations page looks like with no integrations:
3. If no connection exists, select the correct Squirrel Street account and accounting software from the two drop down menus, then click on 'Add integration' to authenticate in MYOB.
4. Follow the setup prompts carefully, and choose the correct posting method - details below (this can be modified later).
Choose either to send transaction across as General Journal or Bill/Supplier Invoice or Spend Money, and whether you would like to export automatically or manually. Click "Save"
5. Go back to Receipts, and categorise the receipts you've prepared earlier by selecting them and using the "Assign Category" dropdown menu at the top of the list. You should now find your MYOB Chart of Accounts list! If you have many receipts to categorise, you may want to categorise them in bulk. Instructions can be found here.
6. Choosing auto export of your receipts will mean an export will occur every 2hrs. Manual export will only occur when you click on the 'Export now' button.
7. From the integrations page (in this link) you may click on 'Export now' to test the connection.
8. Login to MYOB and locate the transactions.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Only receipts with a 'MYOB -' category added will be picked up by the export and added to your MYOB account.
You will see a confirmation message with all the exported receipts on the Accounting exports page once the process is complete.
- In the receipts page, you'll see the 'Exported' category added to receipts that have been successfully exported.- If you have receipts that have a MYOB category added to them, but you don't want them to be picked up by the export process, add the 'Do not export' category to those receipts, and the export process will skip those.
Exporting to MYOB AR Live as Bill/Supplier Invoice.
First make sure that your default export type is Bill/Supplier Invoice from the portal.
Once your documents are uploaded in your Squirrel Street account, go to your receipt tab and categorise your receipts accordingly.
Note: Whilst categorising you will be prompted to set rules up for future vendor to be allocated the same category.
- Once your receipts are categorised with the MYOB AR Live chart of account categories, the system will automatically export those documents only. So make sure in Squirrel Street you assign a MYOB ARLive code to all documents that you want to export.
- The export is scheduled to run every 2 hours after the first schedule (e.g 12:00, 2:00, 4:00 and so on) and the last run and total documents exported will be displayed within the portal.
You can export them straight away from the portal by clicking on the Export now link.
You can edit the default export type from the portal by clicking on the Edit link.
You can remove the current mapping if need be from the portal by clicking on the Remove link.
You can also view the message in the Note field which will give you information on why the document hasn't exported.
Note to keep in mind of any financial year locked within your MYOB AR LIve account as export will fail if they belong to a particular locked range.
In your Squirrel Street account your exported items will have an "Exported" category or "Export failed" category next to each item. Once you've amended the gst amount for the item that have gst more than 10% go to the portal and click on Export now link in the portal.
Transactions will be exported into MYOB AR Live as Bill/Supplier Invoice.
To view them in your MYOB AR Live go to Command Centre then Purchase Register:
Note to view recent export you can view either (All Purchases) and filter by PO Number as MYOB AR Live assign the PO Number in sequential order.
Or you can make sure all bill are closed before exporting the new lot of documents from Squirrel Street then you can view only the new lot of documents in the Open Bills.
Exporting to MYOB AR Live as General Journal.
First make sure that your default export type is General Journal from the portal.
After you've categorised your documents just click on the Export now link from the portal.
To view them in your MYOB AR Live go to Transaction Journal then General.
Exporting to MYOB AR Live as Spend Money.
First make sure that your default export type is Spend Money from the portal.
After you've categorised your documents just click on the Export now link from your portal.
To view them in your MYOB AR Live go to Transaction Journal then Disbursement.
VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SET RULES UP FOR FUTURE RECEIPTS FROM THE "MANAGE CATEGORY" PAGE.