FOR DIRECT CUSTOMERS INTEGRATING FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH Sage One
Squirrel Street's direct integration with Sage One works by you assigning Squirrel Street receipts with the appropriate Sage One account code, then exporting directly into your Sage One account.
Sage One integration consists of the following steps:
1) The first time you start the integration, make sure you already have at least one receipt entered in your account.
2) While logged into Squirrel Street, click on this link to go to the Integrations page. Or go to Receipts > Export all > Accounting Export. If you haven't integrated any accounts, you should see this:
3) Select your Squirrel Street account from the "Link" drop down menu and for the "To" menu, select Sage One.
Then click on "Add integration".
4) Follow the setup prompts carefully. You'll be required to enter your Sage One credentials.
5) Choose the correct Sage One account to export to from the drop down menu, then click "Save".
6) Then you will be asked to choose the appropriate posting settings. You can change these settings later if necessary. At the moment, you can only export to Supplier Invoice in Sage One.
Once the connection is successful, Squirrel Street will import your most current Chart of Accounts. (This is automatic and may take a while depending on the quantity. It will refresh upon each export attempt).
7) Go back to Receipts and use the "Assign category" button to assign the account codes to each receipt. If you have many documents to code, click here to get instructions for bulk coding.
8) To export now, click on "Export all/Export selected" and select "Accounting exports", which will take you back to the integrations page. Note that the "Export selected" function selectively exports to PDF and CSV reports only - i.e. there is no difference between using "Export all" or "Export selected" for accounting exports.
9) From the Integrations page, click on "Export now" to the right of the entry that corresponds with the account. Anything that has been given a Sage One code will now export. These receipts will then be assigned the category "exported", which means they will not export again. To see if any receipts have not exported successfully, please use this link
10) Login to Sage One and locate the transactions.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:- Only receipts with a 'Sage One -' category added will be picked up by the export and added to your Sage One account.
You will see a confirmation message with all the exported receipts on the Accounting exports page once the process is complete.
- In the receipts page, you'll see the 'Exported' category added to receipts that have been successfully exported.- If you have receipts that have a Sage One category added to them, but you don't want them to be picked up by the export process, add the 'Do not export' category to those receipts, and the export process will skip those.
Open https://integrations.app.sbaustralia.com/ in your favourite browser and login
Select which account you would like to integrate with Sage One
From the drop-down select Sage One
Click Add integration
Enter your Sage One login credentials and click login
Select the company you want to export to in Sage One from the drop-down and click Save
Select your preferred export settings from the menu and click Save.
Go to your receipts page at https://app.sbaustralia.com/member/v2/receipts and don't forget to code your receipts!
To do this simply check the receipts you would like to code
Click assign category
And simply select the appropriate category from the drop-down
And thats it!