Submission best practice tips
We encourage you to experiment with all our submission methods, to find one (or more) that works for you:
scan + web uploader
We'd also like to share with you some tips and tricks for some of these methods, to ensure fastest and most accurate delivery!
Magic Envelopes & Regular Envelopes:
Please do not send more than one envelope to us at a time! Take out that Telstra bill from its envelope, and pop it in your Magic Envelope. If we have to open multiple envelopes just to get to your bills, it'll slow us down ... in turn slowing down processing of documents for everyone
In replacement of a Magic Envelope (although we really love their tough protective nature), we will accept a regular envelope to stand in its place, without charge
Mail-in options such as Magic Envelopes and regular post are not available on digital plans such as Apple or NRMA subscriptions
For Australia and NZ Mail:
PO Box 1333
Crows Nest NSW 1585
Fees and charges may apply to couriers other than Australia Post and StarTrack to deliver parcels to PO Boxes. Couriers may pass this cost on to customers.
If you need to hand deliver anything, you'll need to deliver it to Crows Nest Post Office. Please note that there is a surcharge for delivering mail by hand to a PO Box.
- By default we keep the documents for 4 weeks before they are shredded, unless you've opted to have your documents returned (for an additional $10/month)
- Coversheet: If you send documents using your own envelope a cover sheet needs to be printed and included for identification of your account. To obtain yours, login then click on 'Print coversheet' via Dashboard.
- Staples/Paperclips: Stapling or paper clipping pages/documents is usually the way our customers ask for documents to be scanned as one document, and are interpreted as such by our operators.
- Email attachments: Make sure your digital image is not reduced to a very small resolution, as our system might pick it up as a signature, logo, etc and might reject it.
- File submission: Any documents that need to be processed separately have to be in separate files with coversheets. This prevents re-processing of documents, which saves time for everyone.
- Scanners: if you are using an office scanner, make sure you send the scanned documents to your own email address before forwarding to us. This way you can ensure it was scanned properly and retain a soft copy in your email archives.
Use Dropbox web interface only, via https://www.dropbox.com/
Use only one Dropbox account per Squirrel Street account
We have a Dropbox FAQ!
Remember this thing called .rtf?
Yep it's the good old rich text format. Well, some of you still use it, but it doesn't like our system very much. Instead, use WORD to format and send your document to us.
If you love Officeworks as much as us, you'll be familiar with these emails:
When you forward this to your Squirrel Street submission email, make sure you type a few lines into the body of the email before sending, so our system can pick up the attachment. Otherwise our system can't read the attachment!