The instructions in this FAQ apply to both the old and Digit user interfaces.
Not sure which interface you're using? Click here to work it out!
DIY Squirrel Street accounts are forever free and include 5 digital documents to be processed each month! They're the best solution for if you wish to pause your paid subscription during a quiet period and wish to upgrade again later.
Documents can be submitted via mobile app, email or upload, as the DIY plan does not include our Mail-In service.
You are welcome to submit an unlimited number of documents to Squirrel Street via email or the web uploader (using the Add document button on the top right hand corner of your receipts page) and enter the data yourself using your desktop computer. You can sign up for a DIY forever free plan here.
DIY Plan Features
- Free usage of our online document management system with no credit card required at any time
- Unlimited storage in the cloud for all of your digital documents
- Full access to our comprehensive online document management system
- A complete, searchable archive of your documents and all data that you extract
- Access and use of most of the export and integration options offered in Squirrel Street
- Easy upgrade to paid plans. Instructions for directly-paid accounts can be found here.
If you would like some more help with manual document entry via the desktop web, below are the interactive tutorials (note whether you're using the Digit or old UIs)
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners